4th Annual Apprentice Wire Off Competition
Event Date: April 21, 2018 8:00 AM
SAVE THE DATE! - AREA I & AREA II INSIDE ELECTRICAL 2018 WIRE OFF COMPETITION!
Hosted by IEC of Oregon & Northwest Institute of Electrical Technologies
It is that time of year again! IEC Oregon and Northwest Institute of Electrical Technologies will be hosting their 4th Annual Apprentice Wire Off Competition.
When & Where?
Date: Saturday, April 21, 2018
Competitor Start: 8:00AM
Open to Public: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Location: Northwest Institute of Electrical Technologies
Address: 6915 NE 42nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97128
Competing apprentices must meet the following criteria:
- Be a 3rd or 4th year apprentice in good standing
- 5 years or less experience in electrical work
- Must not hold or have held any journey level electrical licenses
Areas of competition:
- Written Test - This test consists of 50 questions based off the 2017 NEC Code and Oregon Electrical Special Code.
- Conduit Bending - You will be tested on basic bends including a 90 degree bend and off-set bends. These finished products will need to fit into a jig simulating a box to box installation.
- Productivity - You will be using plastic boxes and romex to wire a residential project. This task includes wiring three way and four way switches, a light fixture and terminating the wires on a residential panel.
- Motor Controls - On a project board you will be wiring a motor starter and some basic controls to energize a simulated motor.
Competitors will win cash:
- 1st Place Winner: $1000
- 2nd Place Winner: $500
- 3rd Place Winner :$250