How to Become a Limited Energy Training Agent.
First, there is an approval of all required documents and application material. Then the applicant undergoes a site-review; a physical inspection of the contractor's place of business and equipment. Upon submittal of all paperwork and completion of a site-review, the applicant is required to attend the next JATC meeting to become approved as a new training agent.
To become a Limited Energy training agent, you must...
- Pay an application Fee of $250.00 (non-refundable)
- Submit a completed training agent application packet by the 10th of the month
- Have a primary place of business in the jurisdiction of the Limited Energy program
- Be able to meet ratio 1:1 requirements for training apprentices
- Have a Construction Contractors Board Registration (CCB# with non-exempt status), or A letter verifying CCB License exempt status
- Have a Oregon Electrical Contractors license, or A letter verifying CLE# or C# License exempt status (if applicable)
- Have workman’s compensation insurance, or A letter verifying non-exempt workman’s compensation status (if applicable)
Traveling Training Agent
Approved training agents from outside of the portland metro jurisdictions must meet the requirements listed above and also provide the following:
- A letter from the out-of-area apprenticeship program verifying that the employer is an approved training agent for a minimum of 6 months, and is currently in good standing with that committee prior to seeking traveling agent status with this committee.
- Contractors located outside the geographical area of the Committee who do a majority of their work within the geographical area of this committee may request training agent approval. The Committee will ask the Director of ATD to grant exceptional training agent status to the company. Only the ATD Director has the authority to make this decision.
Failure to comply with the apprenticeship and training policies of this committee will result in a review by the committee of the training agent’s status in the program and may result in the training agent being removed from the approved training agent list. Loss of approved training agent status will result in all apprentices currently working for that employer being notified to place themselves on the out of work list within 30 days.
If you have any questions please call the IEC of Oregon office at 503-598-7789 or email email@example.com