Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) of Oregon is the trusted resource for merit shop electrical contractors to master their craft and build successful businesses and fulfilling professional careers in the electrical and systems contracting industry.
We offer innovative education, training, products, and services that help our members to grow, increase profitability, and gain competitive advantage. We are the premier resource for continuing education classes, and ensure that our members stay up to date and licensed. We offer group purchasing options, health insurances packages, and other benefits to save member’s thousands of dollars every year.
We are influential industry leaders, advocating our merit shop viewpoint and providing our professional expertise to local and state government. IEC holds a presence at panels involving safety, code development, and legislature to insure the voice of the electrical industry and the merit-shop are heard.
• Practice safety first
• Conduct themselves with integrity and professionalism
• Embody the “merit shop” philosophy
• Commit to lifelong learning and mastery
• Promote an educated workforce
• Think Creatively and embrace technological innovation
• Identify new ways to add value for customers
• Operate efficiently, sustainably, and profitably
• Contribute to their industry and community